Jayaram Reaches Quarter-Finals of Dutch Open, Kashyap Crashes Out
File image of Ajay Jayaram. (Getty Images)
Almere, Netherlands: Defending champion Ajay Jayaram reached the quarterfinals of the Dutch Open Grand Prix badminton tournament after notching up an easy straight game win over Norway's Marius Myhre in the men's singles competition.
Top seed Jayaram defeated 16th seed Marius 21-6 21-6 in a lop-sided contest. He will next face Brazil's Ygor Coelho De Oliveira.
It turned out to be a disappointing day for 11th seed Parupalli Kashyap as he lost 18-21 18-21 to sixth seed Raul Must of Estonia.
Mixed doubles pair of B Sumeeth Reddy and Meghana Jakkampudi, however, reached the next round after defeating Netherlands' Jelle Maas and Imke Van Der Aar 21-16 21-18.
In men's doubles competition, top seeds Manu Attri and B Sumeeth Reddy lost to Jacco Arends and Ruben Jille of Netherlands 19-21 19-21.
Another Indian pair of Pranaav Jerry Chopra and Akshay Dewalkar, seeded third, also lost to Germany's Bjarne Geiss and Fabian Holzer 17-21 21-15 20-22.
Recommended For You
- #TheTechAndAutoShowThe Tech and Auto Show: OnePlus 3T Vs OnePlus 3, Toyota Prius And More
- Fallout of Indo-Pak Tension?Wasim Akram to Miss IPL 2017 Due to 'Professional Commitments'
- Source Advisorkhoj#FutureIsCashless, But Your Money Should Grow Too!
- Wedding bellsAfter Yuvraj-Hazel's Wedding, Cricketer Ishant Sharma Ties The Knot
- Movie ReviewBefikre Review: A Glossy, Predictable Indian Love Story