Jayaram Reaches Quarter-Finals of Dutch Open, Kashyap Crashes Out
File image of Ajay Jayaram. (Getty Images)
Almere, Netherlands: Defending champion Ajay Jayaram reached the quarterfinals of the Dutch Open Grand Prix badminton tournament after notching up an easy straight game win over Norway's Marius Myhre in the men's singles competition.
Top seed Jayaram defeated 16th seed Marius 21-6 21-6 in a lop-sided contest. He will next face Brazil's Ygor Coelho De Oliveira.
It turned out to be a disappointing day for 11th seed Parupalli Kashyap as he lost 18-21 18-21 to sixth seed Raul Must of Estonia.
Mixed doubles pair of B Sumeeth Reddy and Meghana Jakkampudi, however, reached the next round after defeating Netherlands' Jelle Maas and Imke Van Der Aar 21-16 21-18.
In men's doubles competition, top seeds Manu Attri and B Sumeeth Reddy lost to Jacco Arends and Ruben Jille of Netherlands 19-21 19-21.
Another Indian pair of Pranaav Jerry Chopra and Akshay Dewalkar, seeded third, also lost to Germany's Bjarne Geiss and Fabian Holzer 17-21 21-15 20-22.
Recommended For You
- Apple CEO Tim Cook And PM Modi Discuss Make in India iPhone SE
- Rajinikanth to Discuss Political Plans With Amitabh Bachchan?
- Interview - Colonel Manoj Keshwar – The Military Motorcyclist
- Toilet Ek Prem Katha: First Song of the 'Progressive' Film Looks Too Regressive
- Ziva and Zoravar Bond on the Sea Beach in Jolly Harbour