Macau Open 2016: Sameer Verma Crashes Out, Kashyap Enters Pre-Quarters
India's Sameer Verma failed to qualify for the pre-quarters of the Macau Open Grand Prix Gold after losing to Indonesia's Muhammad Bayu Pangisthu 18-21, 13-21.
Sameer Verma. (Getty Images)
Macau: India's Sameer Verma failed to qualify for the pre-quarters of the Macau Open Grand Prix Gold after losing to Indonesia's Muhammad Bayu Pangisthu on Wednesday.
Sameer lost 18-21, 13-21 to Pangisthu.
In the other match, Parupalli Kashyap advanced to the pre-quarters with an easy win over Chinese Taipei's Chun-Wei Chen. Kashyap defeated Chen 21-19, 21-8.
B Sai Praneeth will take on China's Sun Feixiang later in the day.
In the women's singles event, top-seed Saina Nehwal will face Indonesia's Hanna Ramadini.
Recently, National Badminton Champion Sameer fell short of winning his maiden Super Series title. He lost 14-21, 21-10, 11-21 to Hong Kong's Ng Ka Long Angus in an epic clash that lasted 50 minutes at the Hong Kong Super Series final.
Recommended For You
- Shami, Umesh, Bhuvneshwar - India's Best Test Battery Ever!
- Tiger Zinda Hai: Salman, Katrina's Swag Is The Only High Point In This Bland Welcome Song
- Two Owners Wanted IPL Auctions in England, Majority Rejected
- India vs Sri Lanka: Kohli Not at Fault For Late Declaration
- Miss World 2017: Manushi Chhillar Always Calm and Composed, Reveals Ramp Walk Trainer