Macau Open 2016: Sameer Verma Crashes Out, Kashyap Enters Pre-Quarters
Sameer Verma. (Getty Images)
Macau: India's Sameer Verma failed to qualify for the pre-quarters of the Macau Open Grand Prix Gold after losing to Indonesia's Muhammad Bayu Pangisthu on Wednesday.
Sameer lost 18-21, 13-21 to Pangisthu.
In the other match, Parupalli Kashyap advanced to the pre-quarters with an easy win over Chinese Taipei's Chun-Wei Chen. Kashyap defeated Chen 21-19, 21-8.
B Sai Praneeth will take on China's Sun Feixiang later in the day.
In the women's singles event, top-seed Saina Nehwal will face Indonesia's Hanna Ramadini.
Recently, National Badminton Champion Sameer fell short of winning his maiden Super Series title. He lost 14-21, 21-10, 11-21 to Hong Kong's Ng Ka Long Angus in an epic clash that lasted 50 minutes at the Hong Kong Super Series final.
Recommended For You
- #TrendingMaisie Williams Topless Pictures Leaked Online; Aren't Explicit Says Rep
- Birthday Surprise!Rani Mukerji Shares A Picture Of Daughter Adira On Her First Birthday
- It's Here!Spiderman: Homecoming Trailer is Everything We Hoped For
- MILESTONE MANIndia vs England: Ravichandran Ashwin Equals Kapil Dev's Mark of 23 Five-Wicket Hauls
- IMPORTED TALENTSouth Africa Born Cricketers Who Have Done Well for England