Macau Open 2016: Sameer Verma Crashes Out, Kashyap Enters Pre-Quarters
Sameer Verma. (Getty Images)
Macau: India's Sameer Verma failed to qualify for the pre-quarters of the Macau Open Grand Prix Gold after losing to Indonesia's Muhammad Bayu Pangisthu on Wednesday.
Sameer lost 18-21, 13-21 to Pangisthu.
In the other match, Parupalli Kashyap advanced to the pre-quarters with an easy win over Chinese Taipei's Chun-Wei Chen. Kashyap defeated Chen 21-19, 21-8.
B Sai Praneeth will take on China's Sun Feixiang later in the day.
In the women's singles event, top-seed Saina Nehwal will face Indonesia's Hanna Ramadini.
Recently, National Badminton Champion Sameer fell short of winning his maiden Super Series title. He lost 14-21, 21-10, 11-21 to Hong Kong's Ng Ka Long Angus in an epic clash that lasted 50 minutes at the Hong Kong Super Series final.
Recommended For You
- Mithali Raj Shatters World Record, Slams 7th Consecutive ODI Fifty
- Jagga Jasoos: Katrina, Ranbir Look Adorable in the New Song Jhumritalaiyya
- Jaguar Teases E-pace, to Make Global Debut on July 13th
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From In the Name of God by Ravi Subramanian
- Jason Roy Dismissed in the Most Unusual Way Against Proteas