After 'Nancy Drew', CBS to give a modern reboot to Agatha Christie's 'Miss Marple' series
'Spooks' creator David Wolstencroft is teaming with the Tiffany Network to tell the story of a young Marple, a character traditionally portrayed as elderly.
Los Angeles: Agatha Christie's Miss Marple could be getting a modern reboot courtesy of CBS.
'Spooks' creator David Wolstencroft is teaming with the Tiffany Network to tell the story of a young Marple, a character traditionally portrayed as elderly, reported Deadline.
Marple also moves its setting to a small California town, where the sleuth gives up her job running a book store to solve local mysteries.
The Agatha Christie estate is involved in this modern retelling of the Marple mythos.
This new update echoes CBS's 'Elementary', the long-running drama which moved Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's Sherlock Holmes from London to New York City.
CBS is also working on a new Nancy Drew drama series, which would follow the famous kid detective during her adult years.
Recommended For You
- 2nd T20I: Shadab Khan Stars Again As Pakistan Win by 3 Runs
- Samsung Galaxy S8: 3 Reasons Why I Won't Be Buying The Next Galaxy
- India Open 2017: It's Saina Nehwal Versus PV Sindhu In Quarters
- Avail Lowest Fares With AirAsia To Travel Across Asia and Australia
- Alia, Anushka, Kangana And Priyanka Have This One Thing In Common