After 'Nancy Drew', CBS to give a modern reboot to Agatha Christie's 'Miss Marple' series
'Spooks' creator David Wolstencroft is teaming with the Tiffany Network to tell the story of a young Marple, a character traditionally portrayed as elderly.
Los Angeles: Agatha Christie's Miss Marple could be getting a modern reboot courtesy of CBS.
'Spooks' creator David Wolstencroft is teaming with the Tiffany Network to tell the story of a young Marple, a character traditionally portrayed as elderly, reported Deadline.
Marple also moves its setting to a small California town, where the sleuth gives up her job running a book store to solve local mysteries.
The Agatha Christie estate is involved in this modern retelling of the Marple mythos.
This new update echoes CBS's 'Elementary', the long-running drama which moved Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's Sherlock Holmes from London to New York City.
CBS is also working on a new Nancy Drew drama series, which would follow the famous kid detective during her adult years.
Recommended For You
- CHAMPIONS!Women's T20 Asia Cup: India beat Pakistan by 17 Runs to Clinch Title
- Legal TroubleBigg Boss 10: Omji Maharaj Out of the House, To Appear Before Delhi Court
- EXCLUSIVE PICTURESSourav Ganguly - Dada of Gully Cricket
- Can't MissJolly LLB 2 First Look: Akshay Kumar is a 'Jolly Good' Middle Class Man
- PARTNER CONTENTCash Crunch: Yes Bank SIMsePAY Enables Cashless Transactions Without Smartphone or Internet