After 'Nancy Drew', CBS to give a modern reboot to Agatha Christie's 'Miss Marple' series
'Spooks' creator David Wolstencroft is teaming with the Tiffany Network to tell the story of a young Marple, a character traditionally portrayed as elderly.
Los Angeles: Agatha Christie's Miss Marple could be getting a modern reboot courtesy of CBS.
'Spooks' creator David Wolstencroft is teaming with the Tiffany Network to tell the story of a young Marple, a character traditionally portrayed as elderly, reported Deadline.
Marple also moves its setting to a small California town, where the sleuth gives up her job running a book store to solve local mysteries.
The Agatha Christie estate is involved in this modern retelling of the Marple mythos.
This new update echoes CBS's 'Elementary', the long-running drama which moved Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's Sherlock Holmes from London to New York City.
CBS is also working on a new Nancy Drew drama series, which would follow the famous kid detective during her adult years.
Recommended For You
- Australian Open 2017: Rafael Nadal Fights Off Gael Monfils to Reach Quarters
- Bigg Boss 10: When Salman Khan's Thunder Was Stolen by His Nephew Ahil
- Did Ranveer Singh Just Give a Glimpse of His Look from Padmavati?
- Yamaha R15 v3.0 Revealed, India Launch Likely Later This Year
- Amazon Great Indian Sale Day 3: Deals on Moto X Force, Bose QuietComfort 25 And More