'Becoming a Mountain' is a must read for those who want to look for calm and peace of mind
"Becoming a Mountain" by Stephen Alter is more than just a travelogue.
I have always been wary of reading travelogues. I somehow feel that the author may not be able to capture the scenic beauty or the imagery of the place through a book.
I honestly believe that one needs to experience it for oneself. Travelogues also have this strange element that lend to the reader - that of wanting to get out of the door and exploring the world - wide and ready to be jumped into.
"Becoming a Mountain" by Stephen Alter is more than just a travelogue. It is also born out of catharsis and at the same time it is personal enough to be a memoir, it is also a guide to live, and yet it is a combination of all of these.
It is the kind of book that demands attention and time away from everything and everyone. A must read for all those who want to look for calm and some peace of mind.
Book Name: Becoming a Mountain : Himalayan Journeys in Search of the Sacred and the Sublime
Author: Stephen Alter
Price: Rs 396
Publishers: Aleph Book Company
Vivek Tejuja works at Flipkart and loves to recommend books.
Recommended For You
- Alia-Sidharth Look Smitten as They Arrive For a Wedding Reception Together
- Brendon McCullum Foxed by a Chewing Gum
- LFW 2017: Sonakshi Sinha Looks Vibrant In Tangerine Monisha Jaising Dress
- Shakib Al Hasan Magic Brings Bangladesh Back in Play
- Amazon Great Indian Sale Day 2: Deals on Fitbit Charge 2, Coolpad Note 5 And More