'Becoming a Mountain' is a must read for those who want to look for calm and peace of mind
"Becoming a Mountain" by Stephen Alter is more than just a travelogue.
I have always been wary of reading travelogues. I somehow feel that the author may not be able to capture the scenic beauty or the imagery of the place through a book.
I honestly believe that one needs to experience it for oneself. Travelogues also have this strange element that lend to the reader - that of wanting to get out of the door and exploring the world - wide and ready to be jumped into.
"Becoming a Mountain" by Stephen Alter is more than just a travelogue. It is also born out of catharsis and at the same time it is personal enough to be a memoir, it is also a guide to live, and yet it is a combination of all of these.
It is the kind of book that demands attention and time away from everything and everyone. A must read for all those who want to look for calm and some peace of mind.
Book Name: Becoming a Mountain : Himalayan Journeys in Search of the Sacred and the Sublime
Author: Stephen Alter
Price: Rs 396
Publishers: Aleph Book Company
Vivek Tejuja works at Flipkart and loves to recommend books.
Recommended For You
- Youtube rewindRajnikanth's Kabali Trailer: The Most Watched Movie Trailer on YouTube in 2016
- Unbelievable?Aishwarya Rai's Recent Photo with Katrina Kaif, Madhuri Dixit Will Make Your Day
- ExplosiveRaees Trailer: 6 Explosive Dialogues That Sum up SRK's Character Perfectly
- PARTNERSHIP ENDSWorld Number Two Novak Djokovic Splits With Coach Boris Becker
- YouTube RewindTop 10 YouTube Videos of 2016: Kala Chashma is The Most Watched Music Video