Britney Spears to write a novel based on her life
Spears will write a roman a clef, a novel in which real persons or events figure under the disguise of fiction.
New Delhi: Britney Spears will write a roman a clef, a novel in which real persons or actual events figure under the disguise of fiction, in a book deal with It Books, The Hollywood Reporter reported on Tuesday.
The pop star recently starred in a highly publicized trial with damaging and sometimes humiliating testimony from his self-styled manager that lifted the lid on the singer's controversial career and personal meltdown five years ago.
Sam Lutfi, the manager of the pop star for a brief period in 2007 and early 2008, had sued Spears' mother, Lynne Spears, for defaming him in her 2008 book 'Through the Storm.' Lynne Spears wrote that Lutfi controlled her daughter, cut her telephone lines and tried to cut the star off from her family.
Spears, 30, has since staged a comeback with world tours, hit albums and a new job as judge on Fox's TV talent show 'The X-Factor.' She did not attend the trial.
Spears is in talks with It Books, an imprint of HarperCollins and would pen a story that would incorporate fictionalized versions of her own experiences, much like Lauren Conrad's 2009 New York Times bestseller LA Candy, which was about a girl who moves to Los Angeles and becomes the star of a reality show, THR reported.
There is no word yet on when the book may be released, but THR said the advance is likely to be substantial, THR said.
- News360: Can Patriarch MSY Solve Chacha-Bhatija Spat?
- Amar Singh Got Akhilesh Story Planted in Newspaper: Ashu Malik
- SP's Abu Azmi Lashes Out at Amar Singh, Blames him For Crisis in Party
- Asian Champions Trophy 2016: South Korea Strengthen Semifinal Claim With 5-3 Win Over China
- TWTW: Cyrus Broacha talks about the 2-day BRICS Summit
- Jio MAMI 2016: 10 Facts About Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar Revealed by Cast
- Akshay Kumar to Star in Reema Kagti's Gold
- Where is Mahendra Singh Dhoni the 'Finisher'?