Colin Powell advises 'get mad' in new book
Former US Secretary of State, General Colin Powell has penned a book on leadership skills with the advice "get mad, then get over it".
Los Angeles: Former US Secretary of State, General Colin Powell has penned a book on leadership skills with the advice "get mad, then get over it," set to hit book stores in May 2012, publisher HarperCollins said on Sunday.
"It Worked For Me: Lessons in Leadership and Life" is a collection of personal tales from the four-star US Army general starting with his famous '13 Rules,' as well as the 'get mad' advice and 'share credit,' the publisher said.
Powell, 74, was the first African American to serve as US Secretary of State, where he worked in the first term of President George W Bush's administration. In the 1990s, he was widely considered a possible presidential candidate.
He rose the army's ranks, fighting in the Vietnam war and rising to the position of Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, where he played a key role in the Persian Gulf War and in the administration of President Bill Clinton.
HarperCollins publisher Jonathan Burnham called Powell "a truly inspirational figure."
Powell previously published his autobiography, 'My American Journey,' in 1995.
- Kareena Kapoor Rejected Saif Ali Khan's Marriage Proposal the First Time
- Kareena Kapoor, Saif Ali Khan Make The Most Stylish Couple; Here's The Proof
- Mom-to-be Kareena Kapoor Khan Keeps Her Look Casual For Her Recent Public Appearance
- Kareena Kapoor Calls Herself a Selfie Queen
- Allahabad HC Defers Hearing on Plea Challenging Narendra Modi's Election From Varanasi
- China Urges India, Pakistan to Cool Down Situation
- Grandmother of Captured Indian Soldier Chandu Babulal Chavan Dies of Shock
- India Shouldn't Unilaterally Scrap Indus Waters Treaty: Medha Patkar