Colin Powell advises 'get mad' in new book
Former US Secretary of State, General Colin Powell has penned a book on leadership skills with the advice "get mad, then get over it".
Los Angeles: Former US Secretary of State, General Colin Powell has penned a book on leadership skills with the advice "get mad, then get over it," set to hit book stores in May 2012, publisher HarperCollins said on Sunday.
"It Worked For Me: Lessons in Leadership and Life" is a collection of personal tales from the four-star US Army general starting with his famous '13 Rules,' as well as the 'get mad' advice and 'share credit,' the publisher said.
Powell, 74, was the first African American to serve as US Secretary of State, where he worked in the first term of President George W Bush's administration. In the 1990s, he was widely considered a possible presidential candidate.
He rose the army's ranks, fighting in the Vietnam war and rising to the position of Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, where he played a key role in the Persian Gulf War and in the administration of President Bill Clinton.
HarperCollins publisher Jonathan Burnham called Powell "a truly inspirational figure."
Powell previously published his autobiography, 'My American Journey,' in 1995.
Recommended For You
- Bye-Bye 'Boom Boom' as Shahid Afridi Ends International Career
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- IPL 2017: Mitchell Starc Ends Association With Virat Kohli and Co.
- Jaguar XE, XF and F-Pace Owners Can Soon Pay for Fuel Through Their Infotainment System
- Sledging Virat Kohli Will Hurt Us: David Warner