DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Crossword Book Award 2013 - Shortlist Announced
Each award carries a cash prize of Rs. 3 lakhs, a trophy and a citation.
Crossword Bookstore in Association with Principal Retirement Advisors announced the shortlist for the prestigious The Crossword Book Award 2013. This shortlist was announced across four categories which include Indian Fiction, Indian Non-Fiction, Indian Translation & Children's Writing.
The Crossword Book Award had also earlier released the ten shortlisted books for the popular awards that were also be announced during the same time.
- Em and The Big Hoom by Jerry Pinto, Aleph
- Boats on Land by Janice Pariat, Random House India
- The Illicit Happiness of Other People by Manu Joesph, Harper Collins India
- Difficult Pleasures by Anjum Hasan, Penguin Books India
- Not Only the Things That Have Happened by Mridula Koshy, Harper Collins India
Indian Non Fiction
- The Butterfly Generation by Palash Krishna Mehrotra, Rupa Publications
- The Price of Land by Sanjoy Chakravorty, Oxford University Press
- Our Moon Has Blood Clots by Rahul Pandita, Random House India
- Righteous Republic by Ananya Vajpeyi, Harvard Business Press
- From the Ruins of Empire by Pankaj Mishra, Penguin
Indian Language Translation:
- Fish in a Dwindling Lake by Ambai, Translated by Lakshmi Holmstrom, Penguin Books India
- A Life in Words by Ismat chughtai, Translated by Dr M Asaduddin, Penguin Books India
- A Life Long Ago by Sunanda Sikdar, Translated by Anchita Ghatak, Penguin Books India
- The Man Who Tried to Remember by Makarand Sathe, Translated by Shanta Gokhale, Penguin Books India
- Dozakhnama: Conversations in Hell by Rabishankar Bal, Translated by Arunava Sinha, Random House India
- Moin the Monster Songster by Anushka Ravishankar, Duckbill
- The Stupendous Timetelling Superdog by Himanjali Sankar, Duckbill
- Wisha Wozzariter by Payal Kapadia, Penguin Books India
- What Happened to Regina That Night by Rahul Srivastava, Scholastic
- When Crows are White by Jerry Pinto, Scholastic
- Book Uncle and Me Uma Krishnaswami by Scholastic
- Taklu & Shroom by Ranjit Lal, Harper Collins India
Popular Award Nominations:
- What Young India Wants by Chetan Bhagat (Rupa Publications)
- Dongri to Dubai by S Hussain Zaidi (Roli Books)
- The Day I Stopped Drinking Milk by Sudha Murty (Penguin Books India)
- Poor Little Rich Slum by Rashmi Bansal & Deepak Gandhi (Westland Books)
- F?@k Knows by shailendra Singh (Rupa Publications)
- The Oath of the Vayuputras by Amish Tripathi (Westland Books)
- The Bankster by Ravi Subramanian (Rupa Publications)
- The Krishna Key by Ashwin Sanghi (Westland Books)
- Asura by Anand Neelkantan (Leadstart Publishing)
- Those Pricey Thakur Girls by Anuja Chauhan (Harper Collins India)
This year The Crossword Book Award 2013 followed the financial year module and considered entries published in India from 1st January 2012 to 31st March 2013. This year we considered 15 months for the entry process and from next year onwards entries from April 2013 to March 2014 will be considered eligible.
Each award carries a cash prize of Rs. 3 lakhs, a trophy and a citation. In the case of The Economist Crossword Translation Award, the author and the translator share the prize money equally. The Popular award has a cash prize of Rs 1 lakh & the trophy.
Recommended For You
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams: It Coasts Along on the Strength of Nostalgia
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Take a Journey Through the Lives of Famous Sportsmen With These Films
- Virender Sehwag Asked to Apply for the Post of India Coach
- GM Accused in Lawsuit of Cheating on Diesel Truck Emissions