'Game of Thrones' creator George RR Martin has issues with Marvel's movie villains
The 66-year-old author took to his blog to write about the latest addition 'Ant-Man' which he feels has 'a proper balance of story, character, humour, and action'.
Los Angeles: 'Game of Thrones' creator George R R Martin is a self-professed 'Marvel fanboy' but he has issues with Marvel's movie villains.
The 66-year-old author took to his blog to write about the latest addition 'Ant-Man' which he feels has "a proper balance of story, character, humour, and action", reported Variety.
But 'A Song of Ice and Fire' author had one problem with 'Ant-Man' as well which was - the villain. "I am tired of this Marvel movie trope where the bad guy has the same powers as the hero. The Hulk fought the Abomination, who is just a bad Hulk. Spider-Man fights Venom, who is just a bad Spider-Man.
"Iron Man fights Ironmonger, a bad Iron Man. Yawn. I want more films where the hero and the villain have wildly different powers. That makes the action much more interesting," he wrote
Recommended For You
- 'Virat Kohli Calling Me to Bowl at India Nets Biggest Achievement'
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Dangal Ahead of Others in Best Film Category
- Trapped Trailer Featuring Rajkummar Rao Will Leave You Intrigued
- Range Rover Velar to be Unveiled on March 1, Will Sit between the Evoque and Sport Models
- Akshay Kumar's Jolly LLB 2 Crosses Rs 100 Crore-mark in India