'Game of Thrones' creator George RR Martin has issues with Marvel's movie villains
The 66-year-old author took to his blog to write about the latest addition 'Ant-Man' which he feels has 'a proper balance of story, character, humour, and action'.
Los Angeles: 'Game of Thrones' creator George R R Martin is a self-professed 'Marvel fanboy' but he has issues with Marvel's movie villains.
The 66-year-old author took to his blog to write about the latest addition 'Ant-Man' which he feels has "a proper balance of story, character, humour, and action", reported Variety.
But 'A Song of Ice and Fire' author had one problem with 'Ant-Man' as well which was - the villain. "I am tired of this Marvel movie trope where the bad guy has the same powers as the hero. The Hulk fought the Abomination, who is just a bad Hulk. Spider-Man fights Venom, who is just a bad Spider-Man.
"Iron Man fights Ironmonger, a bad Iron Man. Yawn. I want more films where the hero and the villain have wildly different powers. That makes the action much more interesting," he wrote
- Varun Gandhi Rejects Charges Against Him As False, Frivolous
- Abhishek Verma Rejects Allegations of Purported Defence Leaks by Varun Gandhi
- Wasn't Honey-trapped, Did Not Leak Defence Secrets, Says Varun Gandhi
- Supreme Court Set To Revisit 'Hindutva' Judgment After 20 Years
- BCCI Seeks Directives From Lodha Panel on Media Rights Tender
- Let's See to What Extent Order is Carried Out by BCCI: Justice Lodha
- Justice Lodha Speaks on SC's Decision to Curb BCCI's Financial Prowess
- BCCI vs Lodha: SC Limits BCCI's Financial Powers, Asks Panel to Appoint Auditor