'Game of Thrones' creator George RR Martin has issues with Marvel's movie villains
The 66-year-old author took to his blog to write about the latest addition 'Ant-Man' which he feels has 'a proper balance of story, character, humour, and action'.
Los Angeles: 'Game of Thrones' creator George R R Martin is a self-professed 'Marvel fanboy' but he has issues with Marvel's movie villains.
The 66-year-old author took to his blog to write about the latest addition 'Ant-Man' which he feels has "a proper balance of story, character, humour, and action", reported Variety.
But 'A Song of Ice and Fire' author had one problem with 'Ant-Man' as well which was - the villain. "I am tired of this Marvel movie trope where the bad guy has the same powers as the hero. The Hulk fought the Abomination, who is just a bad Hulk. Spider-Man fights Venom, who is just a bad Spider-Man.
"Iron Man fights Ironmonger, a bad Iron Man. Yawn. I want more films where the hero and the villain have wildly different powers. That makes the action much more interesting," he wrote
Recommended For You
- West Bengal Tourism Ad Featuring SRK Is Winning the Internet With Its Sweetness
- Australian Open 2017: Rafael Nadal Fights Off Gael Monfils to Reach Quarters
- Bigg Boss 10: When Salman Khan's Thunder Was Stolen by His Nephew Ahil
- Did Ranveer Singh Just Give a Glimpse of His Look from Padmavati?
- Yamaha R15 v3.0 Revealed, India Launch Likely Later This Year