Harry Potter creator JK Rowling releases new short story about Dolores Umbridge
Rowling, 49, said that Umbridge is one of the characters in the Potter story, she dislikes the most.
London: Author JK Rowling has released a short new 'Harry Potter' story for her fans on Halloween.
The story centres around Dolores Umbridge, who has never quite been on Potter's good side, reported E! Online.
"Umbridge is not only one of the most malicious Potter characters, she is the only person other than Lord Voldemort to leave a permanent physical scar on Harry," the website wrote.
Rowling, 49, explained why she chose to write about the character, saying, "The woman in question returned my antipathy with interest. Why we took against each other so instantly, heartily and (on my side, at least) irrationally, I honestly cannot say. What sticks in my mind is her pronounced taste for twee accessories."
She said Umbridge is one of the characters in the Potter story, she dislikes the most.
"Dolores, who is one of the characters for whom I feel purest dislike, became an amalgam of traits taken... a variety of sources. Her desire to control, to punish and to inflict pain, all in the name of law and order, are, I think, every bit as reprehensible as Lord Voldemort's unvarnished espousal of evil," the author said.
- Bomb Blast, Tribal Protests Keep Manipur CM Ibobi From Inaugurating Hospital
- Madhur Bhandarkar Happy Over End of Protests Against ADHM
- No One Needs to Give Proof of Their Patriotism, Says CBFC Chief Pahlaj Nihalani
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Controversy: Shabana Azmi slams Maharashtra CM Devendra Fadnavis
- Triple Talaq a Religious Issue, PM Has No Right to Intervene: AIMPLB's Jilani
- People Celebrated Choti Diwali After Surgical Strikes, says PM Modi
- PM Modi Urges People to Break out of SP-BSP Stranglehold in UP
- PM Modi Bats for Women's Rights, Wants Practice of Triple Talaq to go