Harry Potter creator JK Rowling releases new short story about Dolores Umbridge
Rowling, 49, said that Umbridge is one of the characters in the Potter story, she dislikes the most.
London: Author JK Rowling has released a short new 'Harry Potter' story for her fans on Halloween.
The story centres around Dolores Umbridge, who has never quite been on Potter's good side, reported E! Online.
"Umbridge is not only one of the most malicious Potter characters, she is the only person other than Lord Voldemort to leave a permanent physical scar on Harry," the website wrote.
Rowling, 49, explained why she chose to write about the character, saying, "The woman in question returned my antipathy with interest. Why we took against each other so instantly, heartily and (on my side, at least) irrationally, I honestly cannot say. What sticks in my mind is her pronounced taste for twee accessories."
She said Umbridge is one of the characters in the Potter story, she dislikes the most.
"Dolores, who is one of the characters for whom I feel purest dislike, became an amalgam of traits taken... a variety of sources. Her desire to control, to punish and to inflict pain, all in the name of law and order, are, I think, every bit as reprehensible as Lord Voldemort's unvarnished espousal of evil," the author said.
Recommended For You
- LG G6 First Impressions Review: The V20 Facelift Seems Unconvincing
- Salman Khan Fires Three of His Bodyguards; Retains Shera
- PCB Taking Legal Recourse Against BCCI: Najam Sethi
- Hyundai Xcent Facelift: All You Need to Know About the Maruti Suzuki DZire Rival
- Are You the Biggest Baahubali Fan Ever? Here's Your Chance to Prove It