DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
If you are tolerant towards others, they will be tolerant towards you: Ruskin Bond
Bond, who has penned over 500 short stories, essays and novels, has already refused to join the 'Award Wapasi' campaign
Kolkata: Amidst the debate over rising intolerance in the country, celebrated author Ruskin Bond today said the world has always been full of intolerance.
"The world has always been a world full of intolerance. So all I can say is that if you are tolerant towards others they will be tolerant towards you," Bond said while interacting with readers at the Tata Steel Kolkata Literary Meet here.
He said, "Just as intolerance breeds intolerance, tolerance also breeds tolerance." Bond was asked to comment by a reader on how books on children should have much needed values like tolerance.
"If its a work of fiction, it has to be imaginative. You can always weave into your stories the message you want to give to the world, but don't make it too obvious," the 81-year-old said.
Bond, who has penned over 500 short stories, essays and novels, has already refused to join the 'Award Wapasi' campaign and return his Sahitya Akademi Award to protest against the alleged rising intolerance in the country.
Recommended For You
- Trescothick Takes Wonder Catch and Scores 50th Century For Somerset
- IPL 2017: Mumbai Indians Thank 'Nani' For Thrilling Victory
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Manchester Arena Terror Attack: All You Wanted to Know About Ariana Grande
- Ford Names James Hackett As New CEO