If you are tolerant towards others, they will be tolerant towards you: Ruskin Bond
Bond, who has penned over 500 short stories, essays and novels, has already refused to join the 'Award Wapasi' campaign
Kolkata: Amidst the debate over rising intolerance in the country, celebrated author Ruskin Bond today said the world has always been full of intolerance.
"The world has always been a world full of intolerance. So all I can say is that if you are tolerant towards others they will be tolerant towards you," Bond said while interacting with readers at the Tata Steel Kolkata Literary Meet here.
He said, "Just as intolerance breeds intolerance, tolerance also breeds tolerance." Bond was asked to comment by a reader on how books on children should have much needed values like tolerance.
"If its a work of fiction, it has to be imaginative. You can always weave into your stories the message you want to give to the world, but don't make it too obvious," the 81-year-old said.
Bond, who has penned over 500 short stories, essays and novels, has already refused to join the 'Award Wapasi' campaign and return his Sahitya Akademi Award to protest against the alleged rising intolerance in the country.
- Hillary Clinton's Win Would Result in Spread of ISIS: Donald Trump
- Trump Gains on Clinton, Poll Shows 'Rigged' Message Resonates
- Donald Trump Seeks to Bar Sexual Misconduct Claims from Trump University Trial
- Hillary Clinton, Trump Spending Furiously as Election Day Approaches
- Jayalalithaa Interacting, Progressing Gradually, Says Apollo Hospitals
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: UP Amass 524, Tamil Nadu 34/1 on Day 2
- Tamil Nadu Government Constitutes Advisory Committee Under Disaster Management
- Stalin Gears Up to Step into Karunanidhi's Shoes