Jerry Pinto wins The Hindu Literary Prize
Em and The Big Hoom is Jerry Pinto's first novel published by the Aleph Company.
New Delhi: Author Jerry Pinto has won The Hindu Literary Prize for his book Em and the Big Hoom. There has been much talk about the book since its publication, it is somewhere between a memoir and fiction.
The other books shortlisted for the prize were, A collection of short stories, Difficult Pleasures, and three novels - Bitter Wormwood, Narcopolis. And Jeet Thayil's Narcopolis was also shortlisted for the Man Booker.
Before the prize was declared the jury had termed the Em and the Big Hoom as an 'unusual' love story.
Pinto is a Mumbai-based writer of poetry, prose and children's fiction. His noted works include, Helen: The Life and Times of an H-Bomb, Surviving Women and Asylum and Other Poems.
Em and The Big Hoom is Pinto's first novel published by the Aleph Company.
Recommended For You
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- Claudio Ranieri Sacking Shows How Heartless Modern Day Football Is
- Jackie Review: Natalie Portman Shines In The Shoes Of Jacqueline Kennedy
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology