Jerry Pinto wins The Hindu Literary Prize
Em and The Big Hoom is Jerry Pinto's first novel published by the Aleph Company.
New Delhi: Author Jerry Pinto has won The Hindu Literary Prize for his book Em and the Big Hoom. There has been much talk about the book since its publication, it is somewhere between a memoir and fiction.
The other books shortlisted for the prize were, A collection of short stories, Difficult Pleasures, and three novels - Bitter Wormwood, Narcopolis. And Jeet Thayil's Narcopolis was also shortlisted for the Man Booker.
Before the prize was declared the jury had termed the Em and the Big Hoom as an 'unusual' love story.
Pinto is a Mumbai-based writer of poetry, prose and children's fiction. His noted works include, Helen: The Life and Times of an H-Bomb, Surviving Women and Asylum and Other Poems.
Em and The Big Hoom is Pinto's first novel published by the Aleph Company.
- Triple Talaq Seriously Affecting Freedom, Rights of Women, Says BJP's Tamil Nadu Unit
- Don't Use 'His Excellency' Tag For Me, Says TN Guv Rao
- Ranji Trophy, Group A: Mumbai 290/5 After Herwadkar Ton; Mukund Puts Tamil Nadu in Control
- Jayalalithaa 'Progressing Well', Says TN Governor After Hospital Visit
- Philippines President Duterte Does a U-turn, Says Won't Sever US Ties
- Bihar Dy CM Tejaswi Gets 44,000 Marriage Proposals On WhatsApp
- Nintendo Switch: Here's Why Twitterati is Relating The Game Console to Porn
- US Has Few Good Options for Response to Philippine President Duterte