DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Jerry Pinto wins The Hindu Literary Prize
Em and The Big Hoom is Jerry Pinto's first novel published by the Aleph Company.
New Delhi: Author Jerry Pinto has won The Hindu Literary Prize for his book Em and the Big Hoom. There has been much talk about the book since its publication, it is somewhere between a memoir and fiction.
The other books shortlisted for the prize were, A collection of short stories, Difficult Pleasures, and three novels - Bitter Wormwood, Narcopolis. And Jeet Thayil's Narcopolis was also shortlisted for the Man Booker.
Before the prize was declared the jury had termed the Em and the Big Hoom as an 'unusual' love story.
Pinto is a Mumbai-based writer of poetry, prose and children's fiction. His noted works include, Helen: The Life and Times of an H-Bomb, Surviving Women and Asylum and Other Poems.
Em and The Big Hoom is Pinto's first novel published by the Aleph Company.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy 2017: Virat Kohli and Co Arrive in London
- New 2017 Maruti Suzuki Dzire First Drive Review: Does it Aspire to Amaze You?
- BCCI Unhappy With Anil Kumble? India Looks For New Coach
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- On Kumble, Kohli Says BCCI Following Due Process By Inviting Fresh Applications