Jaipur Lit Fest: Islamist groups seek ban on 4 authors
A statement issued by the groups sought a ban on Amitava Kumar, Ruchir Joshi, Jeet Thayil and Hari Kunzru.
Jaipur: A statement warning the organisers of the Jaipur Literature Festival against allowing authors who had read out passages from Salman Rushdie's 'Satanic Verses' at the event last year was issued by Islamist groups on Sunday.
The statement was issued at a conference in Jaipur. It seeks a ban on the four authors - Amitava Kumar, Ruchir Joshi, Jeet Thayil and Hari Kunzru - who had read out passages from the controversial book.
The Jaipur Literature Festival 2013 will be held from January 24 to 28.
Recommended For You
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- New Audi A4 30 TFSI Review: It is Powerful and Environment Friendly
- Comedian Bharti Singh All Set to Tie the Knot by the End of 2017
- Ross Taylor Achieves Milestone ODI Century