Marvel announces new comic book series on Howard the Duck, featured in 'Guardians of the Galaxy' post-credits scene
The '70s series was a satire on pop culture that barely intersected with the superheroics of the Marvel Universe.
Los Angeles: Marvel Entertainment will bring out comic book series for Howard the Duck, the character, who was shown in a post-credits scene in 'Guardians of the Galaxy'.
The book series will be out in Spring next year. Written by Chip Zdarsky with art by Joe Quinones, the series will feature the character becoming a private investigator in the Marvel Universe, reported Entertainment Weekly.
Zdarsky said he loves 'the contrast of Howard against both the normal world of us hairless apes and the weird world of Man-Things and Dr Stranges and Spider-Mans. Case he does not fit into either, really. I'm just going to continue exploring those contrasts, but my ultimate goal is to make it funny'.
It will be the first open-ended series for the character since his 1970s heyday, when his creator Steve Gerber and artist Gene Colan fashioned the series as a satire on pop culture that barely intersected with the superheroics of the regular Marvel Universe.
Recommended For You
- ArchrivalsIndia, Pakistan in Same Pool of Hockey World League Semi-final 2017
- Hacking Twitter's SecurityTwitter Hack: 10 Important Steps to Keep Your Account Safe
- SnapshotVirat Kohli, Anushka Sharma Attend Yuvraj Singh's Wedding in Goa
- Puskas Award 2016Malaysia Player Beats Messi, Neymar to FIFA Shortlist
- PARTNER CONTENTCash Crunch: Yes Bank SIMsePAY Enables Cashless Transactions Without Smartphone or Internet