Moily rules out ban on Lelyveld's Gandhi book
Veerappa Moily has ruled out Centre imposing a ban on the controversial book on Mahatma Gandhi by Joseph Lelyveld.
Nagpur: Union Law minister Veerappa Moily has ruled out Centre imposing a ban on the controversial book on Mahatma Gandhi by Joseph Lelyveld stating that the American author himself has denied writing anything adverse about the leader.
Moily said it was the review of the book by the interpretors which led to sharp reactions all over the country on the alleged comments regarding Gandhi's sexuality.
"There is no question of banning the book as the author has clarified that he has not written what has been attributed to the book," Moily told reporters here yesterday.
Lelyveld's book 'Great Soul: Mahatma Gandhi and his struggle with India' became the centre of controversy for allegedly carrying certain 'derogatory' remarks about his lifestyle and sexual conduct.
Recommended For You
- Kapil Sharma Breaks Down While Filming His Show
- American Photographer Captures Bollywood at Its Candid Best and Every Photo Narrates a Story
- Sapna Bhavnani-Bani J's 'Kissing' Photo Has Set The Internet On Fire
- New Nissan Terrano Launched at a Starting Price of Rs 9.9 Lakh
- Looking For a Solution For Everything Construction Related?