Moily rules out ban on Lelyveld's Gandhi book
Veerappa Moily has ruled out Centre imposing a ban on the controversial book on Mahatma Gandhi by Joseph Lelyveld.
Nagpur: Union Law minister Veerappa Moily has ruled out Centre imposing a ban on the controversial book on Mahatma Gandhi by Joseph Lelyveld stating that the American author himself has denied writing anything adverse about the leader.
Moily said it was the review of the book by the interpretors which led to sharp reactions all over the country on the alleged comments regarding Gandhi's sexuality.
"There is no question of banning the book as the author has clarified that he has not written what has been attributed to the book," Moily told reporters here yesterday.
Lelyveld's book 'Great Soul: Mahatma Gandhi and his struggle with India' became the centre of controversy for allegedly carrying certain 'derogatory' remarks about his lifestyle and sexual conduct.
Recommended For You
- Virender Sehwag Predicts 3-0 or 3-1 Series Win for India Over Australia
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Dangal Ahead of Others in Best Film Category
- Trapped Trailer Featuring Rajkummar Rao Will Leave You Intrigued
- MS Dhoni Travels By Train After 13 Years
- Range Rover Velar to be Unveiled on March 1, Will Sit between the Evoque and Sport Models