New Spider-Man is half-Latino
Marvel Comics revealed that the heir to the Spider-Man costume following the death of Peter Parker will be Miles Morales.
New York: Marvel Comics revealed on Tuesday that the heir to the Spider-Man costume following the death of Peter Parker will be Miles Morales, a teenager of half-Hispanic and half-black origin who will protect New York from the bad guys starting Wednesday, when "Ultimate Comics Fallout #4" hits the magazine racks.
"When the opportunity arose to create a new Spider-Man, we knew it had to be a character that represents the diversity - in background and experience - of the 21st century," said Marvel's editor-in-chief, himself the son of a Mexican father and British mother.
"Miles is a character who not only follows in the tradition of relatable characters like Peter Parker, but also shows why he's a new, unique kind of Spider-Man - and worthy of that name," Alonso said in a statement.
So for the first time in history Spider-Man will not be the disguised freelance photographer Peter Parker, since Parker died last June at the hands of the evil Green Goblin in the "Ultimate" comic book series, though he remains alive in the original series, "The Amazing Spider-Man".
The "Ultimate" series began in 2000 with the goal of winning young readers with alternative, updated stories of Marvel's most popular superheroes like Spider-Man, the Fantastic Four and the X-Men.
- We Look Forward to DRS Introduction in Future: Virat Kohli
- Virat Kohli's India look to Wrap Series At Eden, Regain No.1 Spot
- Not Easy for Off-Colour Martin Guptill to be Aggressive in Subcontinent: Anil Kumble
- Cricket Association of Bengal Installs Bell at Eden Gardens Ahead of Second Test
- Former Israeli Prime Minister, Nobel Prize Winner Shimon Peres Passes Away
- Not Approached for 'Comedy Nights Bachao': Hrithik Roshan
- Krushna Abhishek Wants Healthy Competition With Kapil Sharma
- Dear Krushna Abhishek, why are you sticking to Kapil Sharma's brand of humour we want to get rid of?