'Om Puri - Unlikely Hero': Read the Biography That Stirred a Controversy
Veteran actor Om Puri died of a cardiac arrest on Friday morning in Mumbai. He was 66. He made a name for himself in the 1980s with the alternative art cinema that found a niche audience in India, playing several memorable characters that depicted the anger and angst of those times.
He also worked in a number of Hollywood and British films, including The Reluctant Fundamentalist, East is East, and most recently in The Hundred-Foot Journey.
The 2009 biography of the actor, Om Puri: Unlikely Hero, authored by his wife Nandita C Puri, had stirred controversy with the actor expressing displeasure over his wife revealing some of his most private sexual incidents.
Read the book:
Recommended For You
- Karun Nair to be Dropped for Test Series Against Sri Lanka?
- GSAT-17 Communication Satellite Launched to Expand ISRO Fleet
- Niranjan Shah's Appointment Divides BCCI Panel on Lodha Reforms
- Rajinikanth to Discuss Political Plans With Amitabh Bachchan?
- Steve Smith Gets Engaged as Battle With Cricket Australia Worsens