DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Pearson in talks over Penguin-Random House merger
Pearson said it is discussing with Bertelsmann a possible combination of Penguin and Random House.
London: British publishing and education company Pearson PLC says it is in talks with German media group Bertelsmann SE over merging the firms' Penguin and Random House publishing operations.
Pearson said on Thursday it "is discussing with Bertelsmann a possible combination of Penguin and Random House" but added that there is no certainty the talks will lead to a transaction.
Pearson is publisher of the Financial Times and Penguin Group books. Bertelsmann's assets include the RTL Group television division and magazine publisher Gruner + Jahr. The talks come at a time when the publishing industry is being buffeted by the growing e-book market.
Recommended For You
- Maruti Suzuki Says Most Models to Have Automatic Transmission Options by 2020
- Sonu Nigam Quits Twitter After Singer Abhijeet's Account Is Suspended
- Prabhas-Anushka's Real Life Photos Are As Magical As Their Onscreen Chemistry
- Snapchat 'Custom Stories' Feature Looks Promising For Group Outings
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish