Pearson in talks over Penguin-Random House merger
Pearson said it is discussing with Bertelsmann a possible combination of Penguin and Random House.
London: British publishing and education company Pearson PLC says it is in talks with German media group Bertelsmann SE over merging the firms' Penguin and Random House publishing operations.
Pearson said on Thursday it "is discussing with Bertelsmann a possible combination of Penguin and Random House" but added that there is no certainty the talks will lead to a transaction.
Pearson is publisher of the Financial Times and Penguin Group books. Bertelsmann's assets include the RTL Group television division and magazine publisher Gruner + Jahr. The talks come at a time when the publishing industry is being buffeted by the growing e-book market.
- Hillary Clinton Fears Emergence of Nuclear Suicide Bombers From Pakistan
- We Have the Right To Defend Ourselves: Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore
- Pakistan Need To Be Taught A Lesson: Venkaiah Naidu
- Pakistan Violates Ceasefire Again in J&K's Akhnoor District
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Review: Sushant Gives a Knockout Performance
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Movie Review: Must Watch for its Brilliant Execution
- MS Dhoni Biopic Not Banned, Says Pakistan's CBFC Chief
- Cauvery Water Row: Centre Fails to Broker Deal Between Karnataka, TN