Penguin debuts a new self-publishing imprint in India
Partridge will publish children's books, commercial fiction and non-fiction and family histories.
New Delhi: Here's some great news for upcoming writers in India, Penguin Books India has announced the introduction of its new venture Partridge, a new self-publishing imprint launched in partnership with Author Solutions, Inc. Partridge will provide new opportunities for Indian authors to get published and discovered, both in India and around the world.
Speaking to IBNLive about the new venture CEO of Penguin India Andrew Phillips said that India is the perfect place to begin this all-new, exciting venture, as India has many upcoming and successful writers. He added that Partridge will also offer high quality services and the product will be priced appropriately for the Indian market.
Partridge will publish children's books, commercial fiction and non-fiction and family histories. Patriadge offers a wide range of professional editorial, publishing and marketing services that enable them to get their books published and distributed in both digital and print formats.
Aspiring authors can chose from a range of publishing packages that include services such as: editing, design, E-book formatting, print formatting, distribution, publicity and marketing. The CEO added that with the zest that's India has for literature they expect self-publishing to soon become a flourishing market that will expand further. As there is a genuine enthusiasm about this giant leap and the response already is positive.
Partridge clearly states screening of content at their end. Phillips says, 'there will be a strict eye' on what's passed on for publishing under this brand name. It will be ensured that any offensive, defamatory, pornographic or inappropriate content is not published. Penguin acquired Author Solutions Inc to take advantage of the rapidly growing self-publishing segment. And the CEO with much confidence says, "I have no doubt that Partridge will be a huge success."
- Erapalli Prasanna Consider R Ashwin Best Spinner in World
- Ashwin, Jadeja Star as India Thump New Zealand in Historic 500th Test
- R Ashwin Becomes Fastest Indian to 200 Test Wickets
- 1st Test: Vijay, Pujara Put India in Command Against NZ on Day 3
- Kohli Has Strong Basics, is a Complete Batsman: Laxman
- NZ Captain Hit By Bug Ahead of India Test
- New Zealand Take Tips From Ganguly Ahead of 2nd Test
- Virat Kohli Plays Down his Personal Form
From Our Network
- RSS slapping cases because I fight for the poor: Rahul Gandhi in Guwahati court over temple row- FirstPost
- After surgical strikes, Mulayam Singh demands Narendra Modi take back Pakistan occupied Kashmir - Pradesh18
- Defamation case: Amid high drama, Court stays arrest warrant against Uma Bharti - Pradesh18