Potterheads, you have been pronouncing 'Voldemort' wrong all this while
You think you are the most loyal fan of the 'Harry Potter' series and know everything about it? Bet you you didn't know how 'Voldemort' is actually pronounced. The antagonist of the popular series is usually referred as 'You-Know-Who' or 'He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named' but some brave wizards did call the dark lord by his name. Turns out the 'T' is silent in 'Voldemort'.
It all started with this tweet
— Michael Lucero (@mhenrylucero) September 9, 2015
Which JK Rowling, author of the popular series confirmed.
... but I'm pretty sure I'm the only person who pronounces it that way. https://t.co/HxhJ5XY5HP
— J.K. Rowling (@jk_rowling) September 9, 2015
Needless to say, the whole of Twitter universe went crazy at this news.
@jk_rowling my whole life is a lie
— HannahJane Parkinson (@ladyhaja) September 9, 2015
— Jess Ronson (@WeasleyRiddle) September 9, 2015
Even the Dark Lord spoke
— The Dark Lord (@Lord_Voldemort7) September 10, 2015
Some even coined new names of old characters which Rowling loved.
@jk_rowling When my Niece was 6 she always talks about "TRUMPELDORF" after few days we found out that she was talking about Dumbledore :-)
— Dan Goldstein (@mundodeins) September 10, 2015
— Ardit Haliti (@ardit_haliti) September 9, 2015
Interestingly, some fans, inspite of the clarification, admitted that they would continue to pronoince Voldemort the way they have been all this while. Maybe it is just a good idea to stick to 'He Who Must Not Be Named', no?
Recommended For You
- CHAMPIONS!Women's T20 Asia Cup: India beat Pakistan by 17 Runs to Clinch Title
- It's Showtime!Guardians of The Galaxy Vol. 2 Trailer is Here and Baby Groot Owns It
- EXCLUSIVE PICTURESSourav Ganguly - Dada of Gully Cricket
- Snapped!Virat-Anushka Are All Smiles As They Head Back From Yuvraj-Hazel Wedding
- PARTNER CONTENTCash Crunch: Yes Bank SIMsePAY Enables Cashless Transactions Without Smartphone or Internet