Reagan on Obama's holiday reading list
Biography of former President Ronald Reagan tops Obama's holiday reading list.
Washington: After months of political highs and lows, US President Barack Obama is enjoying Christmas holiday with his family in Hawaii and on top of his reading list is the biography of former president Ronald Reagan, a media report said.
White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs tweeted that Obama is currently going through book on Reagan while holidaying, the Wall Street Journal said.
The book "President Reagan: The Role of a Lifetime" was published in 2000.
The president is staying at a luxurious oceanfront home in Kailua with his wife, Michelle, and daughters Malia and Sasha.
The first family celebrated Christmas with a small circle of friends and family.
Obama arrived in Hawaii on a high note, having secured legislative victories: ratification of a nuclear arms treaty with Russia and the repeal of the military's ban on gay service members.
He also compromised with Republicans to extend tax cuts for all income earners, a deal that angered some liberals but won him rare bipartisan support.
- Hillary Clinton leads Donald Trump by 3 Points: Fox News Poll
- US Polls: Have Given USD 100 Million to Campaign, Will Do More, Says Trump
- Donald Trump is the Poster Boy For All That Ails US Economy: Hillary Clinton
- Donald Trump's Hollywood Star Smashed Over Sex Assault Claims
- Pakistan High Commission Staffer Arrested For Possessing Defence Related Documents
- Asian Development Bank Declines to Fund Pakistan Dam Project
- Kashmir a Matter For India, Pakistan to Sort Out: British PM Theresa May
- Pakistani Troops Fire at Indian Positions in RS Pura, 7 Civilians Injured