Won't get bullied by fringe elements: Sanjoy Roy
A few Islamist groups had on Sunday issued a statement seeking a ban on 4 authors from the Jaipur Lit Fest.
Jaipur: Amidst reports of threat to the Jaipur Literature Festival by Islamist groups and reportedly by members of the BJP and the RSS, the organiser of the event, Sanjoy Roy has said that the event will be held as per the schedule.
"Well I have just heard of these threats from the media... I haven't received anything from any group. We have no issues if any groups are trying to express something. They could do that democratically... We want the media to be responsible and help us with this and not pay attention to such elements..."
Roy added, "We will not get bullied by such fringe elements... There is no change in the schedule."
A few Islamist groups had on Sunday issued a statement at a conference in Jaipur that sought a ban on four authors from the event. The four authors had read out passages from Salman Rushdie's The Satanic Verses at the event in 2012.
The police, however, has assured of full protection to the attending dignitaries and said that the event will be held as planned.
Recommended For You
- Bye-Bye 'Boom Boom' as Shahid Afridi Ends International Career
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Female)
- IPL 2017: Mitchell Starc Ends Association With Virat Kohli and Co.
- Sledging Virat Kohli Will Hurt Us: David Warner