Stephen King's next book 'Joyland' is a thriller
'Joyland' will initially come out just as a paperback before being launched on internet.
New York: Stephen King will take on crime for a novel coming out next year. The author of 'Carrie' and other horror classics has a deal with the publisher Hard Case Crime for 'Joyland,' a whodunit scheduled for June 2013.
King was an early advocate for e-books, but in a statement released Wednesday he said he has such fond memories of reading crime stories as a kid that 'Joyland' will initially come out just as a paperback. That way fans will have to buy 'the actual book.'
Hard Case Crime is an imprint of Titan Books and also has released works by Mickey Spillane, Lawrence Block and Pete Hamill. King has written one other book for Hard Case Crime, the novel 'The Colorado Kid.'
- Quetta Terror Attack: 3 Terrorists Killed, Over 60 Dead
- Quetta Attack: Why Pak's 'Action Plan' on Terror Became 'Inaction Plan'
- US Condemns Terror Attack in Pakistan's Quetta
- Quetta Terror Attack: Lashkar-e-Jhangvi Suspected To Be Behind The Deadly Assault
- Cyrus Mistry Ouster: Reasons not Provided in Board Meeting to Avoid Public Battle
- Tata Leadership Tussle Moves from Boardroom to Courtroom
- Tata Shake-up May Distract Group from Restructuring Efforts
- Abhishek Kapoor Will Always Remain a Friend: Farhan Akhtar