DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Steve Jobs' pirated biography sold in Shanghai
The Shanghai Book City ran out of stock of its 1,800 copies within hours.
Beijing: The pirated version of Apple co-founder Steve Jobs' biography is being sold in Shanghai as bookstores have run out of the authorised copies, a media report said.
Since its debut Oct 24, the sales have been brisk. The Shanghai Book City ran out of stock of its 1,800 copies within hours.
Steve Jobs died Oct 5.
Shanghai Daily said street vendors display the biographies in English or Chinese and sell each book for about 20 yuan ($3).
The authorised Chinese version costs 68 yuan.
"My business soared after I started to sell the biography last week," a woman vendor who sells pirated books was quoted as saying.
"The book sold out very quickly. I need to replenish the stock again and again."
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli Says Champions Trophy Most Competitive 'Big' Tournament
- Maruti Suzuki Says Most Models to Have Automatic Transmission Options by 2020
- Prabhas-Anushka's Real Life Photos Are As Magical As Their Onscreen Chemistry
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- All I Want Becomes First Indian Film To Win At Short Film Fest In Cannes