The best tweets from Jaipur Literature Festival
The DSC Jaipur Literature Festival 2013 is possibly the most high profile gathering of litterateurs in Asia.
The DSC Jaipur Literature Festival 2013, possibly the most high profile gathering of litterateurs in Asia, kicked off on January 25 with rights campaigner and Bengali writer Mahasweta Devi saying that "the right to dream should be made a fundamental right".
Stressing on "humanness" to accept "each others rights to live with dignity", Mahasweta Devi said: "There has been a jailbreak of dreams in the country."
Rajasthan Governor Margaret Alva and Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot were amongst those present. The inaugural session 'O To Live Again', played to an overflowing house on the front lawns of the heritage resort.
The space sponsored by Tata Steel is a manicured green lung that will serve as the main venue of the five-day festival. The venues have been sponsored by corporate entities like the Tata Steel, Google, Counselage as well as the forums many of which have found presenters from organisations like the British Council, Edinburgh's World Writers' Conference, Hindustan Times, DNA, Rajasthan Patrika, Vodafone and banks.
Here are some of the best tweets from the Jaipur Literature Festival:
The best tweets from Jaipur Lit Fest
Storified by Rituparna Chatterjee· Thu, Jan 24 2013 02:05:17
Recommended For You
- Claudio Ranieri Sacking Shows How Heartless Modern Day Football Is
- Baahubali 2 Motion Poster Indicates Just How Epic the Film Is Going to Be
- Kumble Defends Kohli & Co, Says It Was Just One Bad Day For India
- BKD: Varun- Alia Bring Back Desi Vibes in Aashiq Surrender Hua
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology