UN Yearbook released for first time as ebook
The UN's annual yearbook was released Thursday for the first time in a fully-searchable digital format as an ebook.
United Nations: The UN's annual yearbook was released Thursday for the first time in a fully-searchable digital format as an ebook.
The newest edition available is for 2007 and is available through major electronic publishers, including Kindle, iPhone/iPad, Nook and Sony eBook Reader, Xinhua reported.
"The 61st volume of the Yearbook details all the activities of the UN for the year 2007 and includes the full texts of all major resolutions and decisions of the General Assembly, the Security Council and the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC)," it said.
"It is divided into 33 chapters covering issues ranging from political and security questions to human rights and budgetary questions."
"This Yearbook offers a comprehensive account of the United Nations' efforts to end violence, safeguard human rights, ensure social justice and foster greater prosperity," UN Secretary- General Ban Ki-moon wrote in the foreword.
The complete ebook edition is available for $30 dollars and in individual chapters at pro-rated prices, a UN spokesman said.
Recommended For You
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology