DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
AAI planning to charge user fee from flyers
Airport Authority of India is upgrading 35 airports across India.
New Delhi: Flying may just get costlier with sources telling CNN-IBN that the Airport Authority of India airports slated for modernisation will soon start charging user fees.
Airport Authority of India is upgrading 35 airports across India and development fee being charged at various airports ranges from Rs 150 to Rs 250.
Travel boards like International Air Transportation Association and Travel Agents Association of India have so far resisted any such levy of development fee.
The Civil Aviation Minister, however, said that imposition of airport development fee on Chennai and Kolkata Airport are under consideration.
AAI is undertaking development of airports and already upgrading Chennai, Kolkata and various other airports. For this a development fee should be levied. A suggestion is under consideration in our Ministry," said Civil Aviation Minister Praful Patel.
Recommended For You
- 'Anil Kumble, Virat Kohli Not On Same Page About Pay Hike'
- Sachin: A Billion Dreams Review: A Rush Of Nostalgia For Tendulkar's Fans
- Is 'Ambedkar Touch' in Kaala Poster a Political Outreach by Rajinikanth?
- GST Impact – Mercedes Announces Price Reduction by Upto 9%
- Champions Trophy 2017: MS Dhoni, Kohli, Rahane Sweat it Out in Nets