Agri-related Stocks Gain up to 5% Amid Budget Announcement
Shares of companies related to agriculture sector rose by as much as 5 per cent on Wednesday after Finance Minister Arun Jaitley announced a whopping Rs 1 lakh crore hike in credit target for the next fiscal to Rs 10 lakh crore as part of efforts to double farm incomes in the next five years.
File image of Arun Jaitley. (Image: PTI)
New Delhi: Shares of companies related to agriculture sector rose by as much as 5 per cent on Wednesday after Finance Minister Arun Jaitley announced a whopping Rs 1 lakh crore hike in credit target for the next fiscal to Rs 10 lakh crore as part of efforts to double farm incomes in the next five years.
Dhanuka Agritech surged 5.17 per cent, Jain Irrigation Systems rose 3.17 per cent and Kaveri Seed Company gained 1.52 per cent on the BSE.
Shares of Monsanto India gained 1.13 per cent and UPL went up by 0.75 per cent.
"The target for agricultural credit in 2017-18 has been fixed at a record level of Rs 10 lakh crore," Jaitley said in his Budget speech.
Jaitley said the allocation for new crop insurance scheme 'Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana', which was launched last year, has been increased to Rs 13,240 crore this fiscal from budgeted Rs 5,500 crore. The allocation for the next fiscal has been earmarked at Rs 9,000 crore.
Recommended For You
- Padmaavat Big Win: 7 Other Films That Overcame The Hurdles of Partial or Complete Ban
- Virat Kohli Surprised Me by Not Picking Bhuvneshwar and Rahane: Michael Holding
- Trade Analyst Komal Nahta Calls SC Decision On Padmaavat A Slap On Government's Face
- Amazon Great Indian Sale: Top Upcoming Deals on Smartphones, Electronics, Games And More
- These Qualities will Determine If You're a Morning or Night Person