Air India to increase economy class seats in 24 aircraft
The decisions were taken to increase the occupancies and revenues per flight in view of high load factors in the economy class cabin.
New Delhi: Air India has decided to add more economy class seats by reducing business class seats in its 24 narrow body aircraft as the airline has been witnessing more passengers in that class.
The national carrier has decided to reconfigure 24 newly acquired narrow body aircraft - 20 Airbus321 and four Airbus320, which are part of 43 newly acquired A320 aircraft - by reducing two rows of business class and increasing the economy class seating by two or three rows, KC Venugopal, Minister of State in the Ministry of Civil Aviation informed Lok Sabha on Wednesday.
Air India has reconfigured 14 out of 18 of its old Airbus 320 aircraft from two class configuration to a single class configuration of 168 all economy seats. The decisions were taken to increase the occupancies and revenues per flight in view of high load factors in the economy class cabin, the minister said.
Recommended For You
- I Had Warned BCCI Against Preparing a Dry Pitch: Pune Curator
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Priyanka Chopra Slays In This Oscars After Party Ensemble
- Sunny Pawar Is Winning Hollywood One Award Ceremony at a Time
- Koffee With Karan: Kapil Sharma's Episode Is Going to Be the Funniest One Ever