Airtel cuts base plan package for 4G services by 31 pc
It is also offering free access to a library of 1,000 movies and 100 games on plans above Rs 999 in the 4G services.
New Delhi: Bharti Airtel customers can now avail its 4G data plans starting from Rs 450, down 31 per cent from Rs 650 earlier in Bengaluru, Kolkata, Pune and Chandigarh circles. The company, which recently reduced 2G data tariffs by 90 per cent in Punjab and Haryana, is trying to boost up data usage and increase adoption for its 4G service for improving revenues.
It is also offering free access to a library of 1,000 movies and 100 games on plans above Rs 999 in the 4G services. "Starting from monthly rent of Rs 450, these new Airtel 4G plans will encourage more and more customers to enjoy superfast 4G speeds now delivered at even greater value," the company said in a statement.
As per the new plans, users will be able to get 4G speed at 3G rates. "The Rs 450, Rs 650 and Rs 750 Airtel 4G plans offer data quota (GBs) at rents similar to 3G plans at superfast 4G speeds," the company said.
Airtel is offering 2GB, 3GB and 4GB free data usage for plans of Rs 450, Rs 650 and Rs 750. On the higher end, users will get 80GB free data for Rs 4,799 package, 45GB free data for Rs 2,999 package and 25GB free data for Rs 2,049 package along with free access to library services.
"Customers subscribing to Rs 999 and above plans will also be able to enjoy free access to an entertainment library of 1,000 movies and 100 games powered by BigFlix and indiagames," it added.
Airtel had won spectrum for high-speed broadband service in four telecom services areas of Kolkata, Maharashtra, Punjab and Karnataka in 2010, paying Rs 3,314.36 crore for it.
In the same auction, Reliance Jio Infocomm (then Infotel Broadband Services) won 20 Mhz slot for pan-India BWA spectrum for Rs 12,847.71 crore though the company is yet to announce its plan for rolling out services.
Bharti Airtel had also bought 49 per cent stake in Qualcomm's BWA venture for USD 165 million, aiding the Sunil Bharti Mittal-led group to offer services in 8 circles.
- DMK Will Not Let Minority Rights to be Snatched Through UCC: Stalin
- Philippines President Duterte Does a U-turn, Says Won't Sever US Ties
- Bihar Dy CM Tejaswi Gets 44,000 Marriage Proposals On WhatsApp
- US Has Few Good Options for Response to Philippine President Duterte
- Kabaddi World Cup 2016: Coach Dedicates Title Win to Uri Martyrs
- Ranji Trophy, Group C: J&k Take Lead Vs Andhra; Services Struggle Against Goa
- Arun Jaitley Calls on Private Sector to Invest, Cites Low Cost of Capital
- Two Suspected JeM Terrorists Arrested in Baramulla District of J&K