Airtel launches Blackberry Curve 8520 smartphone
It is priced at Rs15,990, will be available from August 7.
New Delhi: Telecom major Bharti Airtel on Tuesday launched the Blackberry Curve 8520 smartphone on its prepaid and postpaid platforms in collaboration with the manufacturer of the device, the Canada-based Research in Motion (RIM).
The smartphone, priced at Rs 15,990, will be available from August 7.
The launch follows that of Nokia's E-series phones that have most of the standard Blackberry features and are available at a price starting from Rs 12,500.
RIM India Vice President Frenny Bawa, denied that Tuesday's launch was a reaction to Nokia's E-series, saying, "We are pioneers in smartphones. We do not need to react to any market development."
The new Blackberry is enabled with advanced media player for music, pictures and videos. "It is aimed at the youth and young workforce who desire to own a smartphone with all the necessary features," Bawa said.
The new model will be available in different skin colours, contrary to its signature colour, black.
RIM has approximately a 28.5 million BlackBerry subscriber base.
Recommended For You
- Renshaw Criticised For Retiring Due to Stomach Bug
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Aamir Khan Is Unbeatable in Best Actor Category
- Why Hidden Figures Deserves an Oscar For Being Relevant in Present Times
- Nach Baliye 8: Judges to Contestants; Everything That You Need to Know About The Show
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1