DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Airtel launches Blackberry Curve 8520 smartphone
It is priced at Rs15,990, will be available from August 7.
New Delhi: Telecom major Bharti Airtel on Tuesday launched the Blackberry Curve 8520 smartphone on its prepaid and postpaid platforms in collaboration with the manufacturer of the device, the Canada-based Research in Motion (RIM).
The smartphone, priced at Rs 15,990, will be available from August 7.
The launch follows that of Nokia's E-series phones that have most of the standard Blackberry features and are available at a price starting from Rs 12,500.
RIM India Vice President Frenny Bawa, denied that Tuesday's launch was a reaction to Nokia's E-series, saying, "We are pioneers in smartphones. We do not need to react to any market development."
The new Blackberry is enabled with advanced media player for music, pictures and videos. "It is aimed at the youth and young workforce who desire to own a smartphone with all the necessary features," Bawa said.
The new model will be available in different skin colours, contrary to its signature colour, black.
RIM has approximately a 28.5 million BlackBerry subscriber base.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy 2017, Ind vs NZ: The Big Talking Points
- War Machine Review: Brad Pitt Is Disappointing In This Satire Gone Wrong
- Judy Malware Hits Google Play Store Users, Upto 36.5 Million Devices Infected
- When Caste Killed Community in Saharanpur
- Champions Trophy: Kohli Interacts With Security Personnel in London