CBI summons Essar Group CEO in 2G scam case
SC has directed the CBI to check eligibility criteria of operators who won 2G licences.
New Delhi: The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) has summoned Essar Group CEO Prashant Ruia in the 2G spectrum scam case. The CBI is investigating Essar Group links with Loop Tele. Loop Tele has been promoted by the Essar Group. There have been allegations that Essar violated cross-holding norms.
On Wednesday, Anil Dhirubhai Ambani Group chief Anil Ambani had been questioned by the CBI in connection with the 2G scam.
Ambani was questioned by the investigating agency for two and a half hours on issues related to the 2G scam.
The Supreme Court has directed the CBI to check eligibility criteria of operators who won 2G spectrum licences following allegations of scam while allocation of spectrum licences.
Others who were questioned by the CBI include Tata Realty CFO Kishore Saletore and MD Sanjay Ubale, S-Tel CFO Arun Mandhana and chief regulatory officer Rupinder Sikka and Loop CEO Sandip Basu.
Till now the CBI has arrested former telecom minister A Raja, his personal secretary RK Chandolia, former telecom secretary Siddharth Behura and DB Realty promoter Shahid Usman Balwa in the 2G case.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Ben Stokes Excited to Be Part of MS Dhoni's Team
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- Films You Need To Watch Before Tuning Into Oscars 2017
- Moto 3rd Anniversary Sale on Flipkart: Huge Discounts on Moto Z, Moto M and More
- SRK's Circus Returns To TV, Twitterati Can't Contain Their Excitement