DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Feb inflation rises to 6.84 pc from 6.62 pc in Jan
Core inflation, which excludes volatile food and fuel prices, has been easing since September 2012.
New Delhi: India's wholesale price index (WPI) rose a faster-than-expected 6.84 per cent in February, clouding the policy outlook ahead of the RBI meeting next week.
Analysts polled by Reuters had expected wholesale prices, the main inflation gauge, to rise an annual 6.54 per cent, slower than an annual rise of 6.62 per cent in January.
The reading for December was revised up to 7.31 per cent from 7.18 per cent, government data also showed on Thursday.
Recommended For You
- Dangal All Set To Beat Baahubali 2 At The Box Office, Earns 1523 Cr Worldwide
- Sonam Kapoor Takes The Plunge In A Dreamy Gold Gown On Cannes Red Carpet
- Read Exclusive Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Author Amish
- Sangakkara Announces Retirement From First Class Cricket
- Opinion - Should I Buy a Petrol or a Diesel Car?