Feb inflation rises to 6.84 pc from 6.62 pc in Jan
Core inflation, which excludes volatile food and fuel prices, has been easing since September 2012.
New Delhi: India's wholesale price index (WPI) rose a faster-than-expected 6.84 per cent in February, clouding the policy outlook ahead of the RBI meeting next week.
Analysts polled by Reuters had expected wholesale prices, the main inflation gauge, to rise an annual 6.54 per cent, slower than an annual rise of 6.62 per cent in January.
The reading for December was revised up to 7.31 per cent from 7.18 per cent, government data also showed on Thursday.
Recommended For You
- Renshaw Criticised For Retiring Due to Stomach Bug
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Aamir Khan Is Unbeatable in Best Actor Category
- Wayne Rooney Ends China Rumours, to Stay at Manchester United
- Nach Baliye 8: Judges to Contestants; Everything That You Need to Know About The Show
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1