Pay dues within 8 months: I-T Dept to Kingfisher
The Tax Department on Friday sought Rs 35-40 crore as upfront payment and asked the airline to pay the balance dues in 8 months.
New Delhi: Rejecting the revised appeal by Kingfisher Airlines to allow 18 months to clear dues, the Income Tax Department on Friday sought Rs 35-40 crore as upfront payment and asked the airline to pay the balance dues in 8 months.
Unhappy with Kingfisher's offer to make payments over 18 months period on weekly basis, the I-T Department summoned the airline management for a meeting and made it clear that the status quo prevails.
Meanwhile, Kingfisher Airlines on Thursday started truncated operations in accordance with its new flight schedule, as aviation regulator DGCA examined its operational details to consider whether to take any punitive action against it for flouting norms.
There was still uncertainty over moves by a consortium of 13 bankers to offer fresh loan for the beleaguered carrier, amidst reports that the lead bank State Bank of India has agreed to provide Kingfisher a Rs 1,650 crore relief package. But the bankers were tight-lipped about their plans.
Recommended For You
- I Always Wanted to Bat Like Virender Sehwag, Says Sunil Gavaskar
- KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched: All You Need to Know
- Post Jolly LLB 2 Success, Makers Plan to Make a Sequel
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology