Lack of guarantee may ground Kingfisher flights
the Kingfisher Airlines is in the process of providing an inter corporate guarantee for 256 crores of airport dues pending for over 6 months.
New Delhi: Airport Authority of India (AAI) has said that they will have to ground Kingfisher Airlines if the company does not give a guarantee, sources said.
They also said that the Kingfisher Airlines is in the process of providing an inter corporate guarantee for 256 crores of airport dues pending for over 6 months. But if they are not able to do then we will have to ground their aircraft, AAI sources said.
Kingfisher Airlines on Tuesday decided to suspend all international flights from March 25 and further curtail domestic operations even as Government warned the ailing carrier that its flying licence can be cancelled if it failed to meet safety norms.
"We have decided to suspend our international operations as we are not on IATA platforms. So, there is no sense flying abroad," Mallya, who was summoned by the DGCA, said on Tuesday.
Kingfisher will not operate its international flights in the summer schedule starting from March 25, airlines sources said.
Recommended For You
- Dhoni Motivates Jharkhand Teammates in Unique Style
- New KTM Duke 390, Duke 250, Duke 200 Launched; Prices Start at Rs 1.43 Lakh
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Aamir Khan Is Unbeatable in Best Actor Category
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology