Amid Chaos Over Currency Ban, Markets Closed on Monday for Guru Nanak Jayanti
File photo of BSE.
New Delhi: Stocks, bonds and currency markets in the country were closed on Monday on the occasion of Guru Nanak Jayanti amid chaos over currency ban.
Trading will resume on Tuesday.
The Nifty fell 2.69 percent to end at 8,296.30, while the Sensex fell 2.54 percent to 26,818.82 on Friday.
The rupee fell to 67.25/26 from its previous close of 66.6250/66.6350, while the benchmark 10-year bond yield rose 6 basis points to 6.72 percent.
Guru Nanak Jayanti marks the birth of 1st Sikh guru and its founder, Guru Nanak Devji, back in 1469 and the festival is celebrated every year on a full moon day in the month of Kartik (November).
The Sikh community in the country came together for the 547th birthday celebrations of the first Sikh guru, Guru Nanak Devji on November 14.
Recommended For You
- D-DAY POSTPONEDSupreme Court Adjourns BCCI-Lodha Panel Verdict Till Friday
- On Fire!Koffee With Karan: Parineeti Outshines Aditya With Her Wit And Charm
- Can't wait!Koffee With Karan: The 100th Episode Featuring Salman Khan is Going to be 'Khantastic'
- DisgustingBertolucci's Rape Scene Confession on the Sets of 'Last Tango in Paris' Leaves Hollywood Shocked
- Dead Rises AgainThe Mummy Trailer: Tom Cruise Starrer Reboot Rides High on Action