Amid Chaos Over Currency Ban, Markets Closed on Monday for Guru Nanak Jayanti
File photo of BSE.
New Delhi: Stocks, bonds and currency markets in the country were closed on Monday on the occasion of Guru Nanak Jayanti amid chaos over currency ban.
Trading will resume on Tuesday.
The Nifty fell 2.69 percent to end at 8,296.30, while the Sensex fell 2.54 percent to 26,818.82 on Friday.
The rupee fell to 67.25/26 from its previous close of 66.6250/66.6350, while the benchmark 10-year bond yield rose 6 basis points to 6.72 percent.
Guru Nanak Jayanti marks the birth of 1st Sikh guru and its founder, Guru Nanak Devji, back in 1469 and the festival is celebrated every year on a full moon day in the month of Kartik (November).
The Sikh community in the country came together for the 547th birthday celebrations of the first Sikh guru, Guru Nanak Devji on November 14.
Recommended For You
- Darren Lehmann Hails 'Don Bradman-like' Steve Smith
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 (Black) Review: The Perfect Phone at Rs 12,999
- Kaabil to Saawariya: Films That Clashed With SRK Starrers And Failed
- Samsung Galaxy S8 And Galaxy S8+ Launched, Shipping Starts April 21
- Looking For a Solution For Everything Construction Related?