Assam offers land to Infosys, Wipro to house units
West Bengal govt had scrapped an IT park for Infosys and Wipro units.
Guwahati: After the West Bengal government scrapped an IT park which was to have housed units of Infosys and Wipro, the Assam government on Saturday offered land to the IT majors to set up an IT township in Guwahati.
The state government offered 200 acre near Lokapriya Gopinath Bordoloi international airport to construct a township, state's IT minister Himanta Biswa Sarma told reporters.
Stating that Assam had infrastructure, he said that an IT township would generate large-scale employment and bring about rapid development of the state.
Hoping that the offer would be accepted, he said that senior government officials would visit Bangalore next week to meet executives of the companies.
On the state's recently declared first IT policy for 2009, Sarma said the government is prepared to provide special incentives to companies setting up shops investing over Rs 100 crore.
Recommended For You
- Virender Sehwag Predicts 3-0 or 3-1 Series Win for India Over Australia
- Trapped Trailer Featuring Rajkummar Rao Will Leave You Intrigued
- MS Dhoni Travels By Train After 13 Years
- Nokia 8 in Black, Grey Colours Listed Ahead of Launch
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology