Bank Customers Can Continue to Withdraw up to Rs 24,000 Per Week
New Rs 500 and Rs 2000 currency notes (Original image: Reserve Bank of India. Modified by News18.com)
Mumbai: Public can continue to withdraw up to Rs 24,000 per week from their bank accounts, including withdrawals from ATM, the Reserve Bank said on Friday.
"The banks are, hereby, advised that they may continue to allow their existing customers to withdraw cash from their accounts up to Rs 24,000 per week, till further instructions.
The said limit include withdrawals from ATMs," it said in a notification.
Following cancellation of legal tender character of old Rs 500 and Rs 1000 currency notes fro November 9, restrictions were imposed on cash withdrawals from accounts and ATMs.
The central bank on November 13 raised the daily withdrawal limit from ATMs to Rs 2,500 from Rs 2,000 earlier.
The weekly limit of Rs 20000 for withdrawal from bank accounts was increased to Rs 24,000.
RBI today allowed exchange of banned 500 and 1,000 rupee notes for new currency at its counters even after the facility was withdrawn from all banks.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Tahir and Ferguson Shine as Pune Humiliate Bangalore
- Sonam Posts Emotional Message On Her Maternal Grandmother's Demise
- Ranbir Kapoor, Katrina Kaif Pose For a Fun Picture With Sayani Gupta
- Jennifer Lopez's Latest Outfit Proves There's No One As Bold As Her
- IPL 2017: GL vs MI - Star of the Match - Jasprit Bumrah