Bharti Airtel appoints new CEOs
Rajiv Rajgopal has been appointed as the CEO of broadband and data services.
New Delhi: Telecom giant Bharti Airtel on Wednesday said it has appointed two new Chief Executive Officers (CEOs) for its broadband and direct-to-home services.
"Both these verticals are part of the consumer business group that will lead the overall strategy for the business-to-consumer segment (B2C), with a clear focus on customer experience, product and service innovation and building an ecosystem around the B2C services," the company said in a statement.
Rajiv Rajgopal has been appointed as the CEO of broadband and data services. Prior to this, Rajgopal has led the operator's mobile business in the Tamil Nadu and Kerala circles.
Shashi Arora has been taken in as the CEO of DTH and media services. Arora earlier has led the mobile business for Delhi and Upper North circles, which are deemed Airtel's largest circles.
"With their rich experience and understanding of the business, we are confident that they will further consolidate and build on our leadership in both broadband and DTH verticals," said Sanjay Kapoor, chief executive officer, India and South Asia, Bharti Airtel.
- SAARC Summit Could be Postponed If India Not Attending: Pakistan
- India Jumps 16 Places in Global Competitiveness Index
- Colombia, Marxist Rebels Sign Accord Ending 52-Year War
- 'Let Loose the Yellow Butterflies', Say FARC Rebels Approving Peace Accord With Colombia
- Sushmita Sen Slams Donald Trump For Body Shaming Ex-Miss Universe Alicia Machado
- US Driver Fined $136 For Using Donald Trump's Cut-Out To Get Through Carpool Lane
- Race to White House is Real, Not Reality TV: Hillary Clinton
- With 84 Million Viewers, Hillary-Trump Debate Smashes Record