Bharti Airtel says India CEO Sanjay Kapoor to quit
Kapoor will step down on February 28 and Vittal, currently group director of special projects, will take over March 1.
New Delhi: Bharti Airtel, India's top mobile phone carrier, said on Tuesday Sanjay Kapoor, its chief executive for India and South Asia, will leave the company on February 28. Gopal Vittal, currently group director of special projects, will take over as the company's India CEO, effective March 1, it said in a statement.
India is the biggest market for Bharti, which operates in Sri Lanka, Bangladesh and 17 African countries.
- Not Playing Pakistani Journalist in Noor: Sonakshi Sinha
- Kareena Kapoor Rejected Saif Ali Khan's Marriage Proposal the First Time
- Border Villages in Punjab Back Army Action, Hail PM Modi
- MS Dhoni: The Untold Story Review: Sushant Gives a Knockout Performance
- Pakistan Also Capable of Executing Surgical Strikes: Nawaz Sharif
- US Now has Very Little Influence on Pakistanâs Nuclear Policy: Hoodbhoy
- Afghanistan Defends India's Surgical Strikes Along LoC
- Adnan Sami Responds After Being Trolled For Supporting Surgical Strikes