BSE among top 3 global exchanges in index options
BSE has been steadily growing to global levels in terms of level of activity and turnover.
Mumbai: The BSE on Thursday said it has been ranked third in the world in terms of number of index options contracts traded. On YTD (year-till-date) basis, the country's premier stock exchange finds place in the top five exchanges globally, according to July 2012 data released by the World Federation of Exchanges (WFE).
Further data from WFE puts BSE at the 19th position for July 2012 and 17th on YTD basis in index futures segment globally, a BSE release said. In single-stock Futures and Options, BSE has been ranked 14th and 24th respectively, globally on YTD basis.
BSE has been steadily growing to global levels in terms of level of activity and turnover. Several initiatives by the exchange are bearing fruit as market participation and volumes are growing steadily. Currently, share of BSE in the derivatives segment is between 30-40 per cent daily, it said.
Ashishkumar Chauhan, Interim CEO of BSE Ltd, said, "We acknowledge the encouraging widespread support by market participants to BSE's efforts in the derivatives segment. Over last three years, BSE has invested in technology framework for trading, clearing and settlement."
BSE has been handling up to four crore orders of derivatives daily. It is a testimony to the widespread interest that BSE's derivatives activities have generated recently amongst all type of market participants, he said.
"Cost of trading at BSE is significantly lower, between 87-99.5 per cent in the derivatives segment vis-a-vis competition. We recently introduced new products that have been well-accepted by the market - BSE 100 and Cash-Future Spread (CFS). BSE will continue to innovate on several fronts," Chauhan added.
Recommended For You
- MARCHING ORDERS?MCC Recommends Red Card Suspension in Cricket, Limit To Bat Size
- Unbelievable?Aishwarya Rai's Recent Photo with Katrina Kaif, Madhuri Dixit Will Make Your Day
- Making of AmmaA Viral Post on Jayalalithaa Highlights the Odds She Fought to Become Tamil Nadu's Iron Lady
- ExplosiveRaees Trailer: 6 Explosive Dialogues That Sum up SRK's Character Perfectly
- YouTube RewindTop 10 YouTube Videos of 2016: Kala Chashma is The Most Watched Music Video