Budget To Be presented on February 1, Says MoS Arjun Ram Meghwal
File photo of Minister of State for Finance Arjun Ram Meghwal.
New Delhi: Minister of State for Finance Arjun Ram Meghwal on Wednesday said that the Budget date has been finalised as February 1, though a formal confirmation is awaited from the Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs.
"It is almost decided that February 1 will be the date for presentation of the Union Budget 2017. The date will be formally decided in the CCEA meeting," Meghwal said in an interview.
The minister said that it was also necessary to present the Budget early as the implementation date of the Goods and Services Tax (GST) has been fixed at April 1, 2017.
The other two major changes regarding the upcoming Union Budget are, converging of the Rail Budget with the General Budget and doing away with the Plan and Non-Plan Expenditure.
Instead the Budget will have Revenue and Expenditure classification.
"Revenue Department has also started the pre-Budget consultations with the various stakeholders and Finance Minister's (Arun Jaitley) consultations with major stakeholders are also planned to be held in advance," Economic Affairs Secretary Shaktikanta Das had said earlier.
Recommended For You
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Amit Trivedi Gives Competition to Pritam in Best Music Category
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology
- US Anti-Doping Agency Confirms Salazar Dossier