Cadbury to launch temperature-tolerant chocolates
Cadbury engineers have set out the method for making breakthrough 'temperature-tolerant chocolate'.
London: New 'temperature-tolerant chocolates' that don't melt even at 40 degree Celsius have been developed by confectionery giant Cadbury, which will soon be available in hot-weather countries like India. Scientists at Cadbury's research and development plant in Bourneville, in the UK said the new chocolate bars stay completely solid even when exposed to temperatures of 40 degree Celsius for more than three hours.
Cadbury engineers have set out the method for making breakthrough "temperature-tolerant chocolate" in an 8,000-word patent application, the 'Daily Mail' reported. While standard chocolate has a melting point of 34 degree Celsius, the new bars are ideal for warmer weather. The new recipe will be available in hot countries, likely to include India and Brazil.
The secret to the new bars is a change in the so-called 'conching step' - where a container filled with metal beads grinds the ingredients, which usually include cocoa butter, vegetable oils, milk and sugar. Cadbury has developed a way of breaking down sugar particles into smaller pieces, reducing how much fat covers them and making the bar more resistant to heat.
"We have found that it is possible to instill temperature-tolerant properties by refining the conched chocolate after the conching step," Cadbury said in its patent application. "Production of temperature-tolerant chocolate would allow
production of chocolate-containing product more suitable for hot climates, particularly in less economically developed countries where the supply chain is ill-equipped to handle temperature fluctuations," it said.
However, professional chocolatiers are unimpressed with Cadbury's new invention, claiming it would not taste as good as original chocolate. The company also admitted that the new bars would not have the same melt-in-the-mouth quality as normal chocolates, the report said.
- Let's See to What Extent Order is Carried Out by BCCI: Justice Lodha
- Reliance Jio 4G Speeds Slow? Here's What You Need to Know About Daily FUP
- Justice Lodha Speaks on SC's Decision to Curb BCCI's Financial Prowess
- 31st October Movie Review: Has Nothing New to Offer
- Meet the Man Who is Giving Music to Akhilesh's Campaign as Samajwadi Party Gets Lost in Surround Sound
- Akhilesh Will Be CM, Ready to Give it in Writing on Stamp Paper, Says an Emotional Shivpal
- Akhilesh Targeted By Stepmother, Black Magic Used: SP MLC
- Nearly 500 Dead, Food Running Out in Aleppo: UN Chief
From Our Network
- AAP in new packaging: Is Swaraj India cloning old party by targeting Varun Gandhi?- FirstPost
- Senior SP leaders to mediate between Akhilesh Yadav and Mulayam Singh to resolve contentious issues - Pradesh18
- Did MLA Satyadev Katare die due to Assembly's 'bad vastu', asks Kailash Vijayvargiya - Pradesh18