CBI gets modest increase of 14 pc in Budget 2013-14
The agency has been allocated Rs 461.66 crore in the budget on Thursday as compared to Rs 404.97 crore in the last fiscal.
New Delhi: CBI has received Rs 461.66 crore in budgetary allocation for the next fiscal which is a marginal increase of approximately 14 per cent over 2012-13. The agency has been allocated Rs 461.66 crore in the budget on Thursday as compared to Rs 404.97 crore in the last fiscal marking an increase of approximately 13.99 per cent.
The amount has been allocated for establishment-related expenditure of the CBI which is entrusted with investigation and prosecution of corruption cases against public servants, private persons, firms and other cases of serious crime.
The budget allocation also includes provisions for the CBI e-governance, modernisation of training centre, establishment of technical and forensic support units, construction of office, residential complexes of CBI branches, the budget document said.
Recommended For You
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: MS Dhoni Slams Ton As Jharkhand Beat Chattisgarh
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- WhatsApp Status Update: How to Use it And All You Need to Know
- Afghanistan Pacer Shapoor Zadran in Mumbai, Wants to Meet SRK
- Oscars 2017: 20 Lesser Known Facts About the Most Prestigious Film Awards