Coal India reports marginal net profit growth in Q1
The CIL has been in focus for its production and offtake, especially in the wake of the worst blackout the country faced earlier this month.
New Delhi: State miner Coal India Limited (CIL) on Monday declared a marginal net profit growth with a stand-alone net profit of Rs 45,765.70 million for the quarter ended June 30, 2012 as compared to Rs 45,415.90 million for the like quarter the previous year.
The company's total income has increased from Rs 48,508.80 million for the corresponding quarter of the previous fiscal to Rs 49,103.20 million for the quarter ended June 30, 2012.
The company's consolidated results show net profit after taxes, minority interest and share of profit of associates of Rs 44,692.60 million for the quarter ended June 30, 2012 as compared to Rs 41,439.20 million for the like quarter of the previous year.
Consolidated total income has increased from Rs 160,657.10 million for the corresponding quarter of 2011-12 to Rs 185,719.60 million for the quarter ended June 30, 2012.
CIL's coal production has increased from 361 million tonnes in 2006-07 to 436 million tonnes in 2011-12, the final year of the 12th Five Year Plan. Production is envisaged to reach 615 million tonnes in 2016-17.
Minister of State for Coal Pratik Prakashbapu Patil said in parliament on Monday that CIL has been supplying more than 90 per cent of the targets fixed in the annual supply plan of the coal ministry.
CIL has been in focus for its production and offtake, especially in the wake of the worst blackout the country faced earlier this month.
- Donald Trump Seeks to Bar Sexual Misconduct Claims from Trump University Trial
- Jack Reacher: Never Go Back Review: Lacks Suspense, High-Adrenaline Thrills
- 'Jack Reacher: Never Go Back' Review: The Film is Dull and Predictable
- After Rita Bahuguna Joshi's Exit, More Congress Veterans Eye BJP
- Philippines President Duterte Does a U-turn, Says Won't Sever US Ties
- Nintendo Switch: Here's Why Twitterati is Relating The Game Console to Porn
- US Has Few Good Options for Response to Philippine President Duterte
- Nintendo Switch Home And Handheld Gaming Modular Console Released
From Our Network
- AAP in new packaging: Is Swaraj India cloning old party by targeting Varun Gandhi?- FirstPost
- Senior SP leaders to mediate between Akhilesh Yadav and Mulayam Singh to resolve contentious issues - Pradesh18
- Did MLA Satyadev Katare die due to Assembly's 'bad vastu', asks Kailash Vijayvargiya - Pradesh18