Direct Cash Transfer scheme to cover entire country
Govt said it will ensure that the digitised beneficiaries lists are available and bank account is opened for each beneficiary.
New Delhi: Nearly 11 lakh poor people have benefitted from the Direct Benefit Transfer Scheme, which began on January 1, 2013 and will be rolled out throughout the country, Finance Minister P Chidambaram said during his Budget speech in the Lok Sabha.
He said the "Aapka paisa aapke haath" concept has brought happiness to the poor who have received the benefits directly into their bank accounts. He said the government was determined to plug the leakages in the implementation of development programmes meant for the poor and the deprived segments.
He added that the government was redoubling its efforts to ensure that the digitised beneficiaries lists are available and that bank account is opened for each beneficiary and is seeded with Aadhaar in due course.
Recommended For You
- HIL 2017 Live Updates: Kalinga Lancers vs UP Wizards, Semi-final
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- AB de Villiers Breaks Sourav Ganguly's Record
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology