DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
Disclose structure of capital instruments: RBI to Banks
These guidelines will become effective from July 1 and therefore, the first set of disclosures should be made by banks as on September 30, 2013.
Mumbai: The Reserve Bank on Tuesday asked lenders to disclose structure of capital instruments issued at least on a half-yearly basis along with financial earnings report. "This disclosure requirement is intended to meet the Basel III requirement to provide a description of the main features of capital instruments," said the RBI's guidelines on Composition of Capital Disclosure Requirements.
These guidelines will become effective from July 1 and therefore, the first set of disclosures should be made by banks as on September 30, 2013. "All disclosures must either be included in a bank's published financial results/statements or, at a minimum, must be disclosed on bank's website," the guidelines said.
RBI has released common reporting template for banks. As of now, banks do not disclose details on the structure used for raising capital. Basel III the global capital norms for banks. India is implementing the norms in a phased manner from April 1, 2013 to March 31, 2017.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli and Shikhar Dhawan Turn on Delhi Swag in London
- Big B Celebrates 40 Years of Amar Akbar Anthony with an Adorable Photo
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Pirates of The Caribbean: Salazar's Revenge Just Taps Into Collective Nostalgia
- Sehwag Blames Wife for Missing Sachin's Movie Premiere With Hilarious Tweet