Disclose structure of capital instruments: RBI to Banks
These guidelines will become effective from July 1 and therefore, the first set of disclosures should be made by banks as on September 30, 2013.
Mumbai: The Reserve Bank on Tuesday asked lenders to disclose structure of capital instruments issued at least on a half-yearly basis along with financial earnings report. "This disclosure requirement is intended to meet the Basel III requirement to provide a description of the main features of capital instruments," said the RBI's guidelines on Composition of Capital Disclosure Requirements.
These guidelines will become effective from July 1 and therefore, the first set of disclosures should be made by banks as on September 30, 2013. "All disclosures must either be included in a bank's published financial results/statements or, at a minimum, must be disclosed on bank's website," the guidelines said.
RBI has released common reporting template for banks. As of now, banks do not disclose details on the structure used for raising capital. Basel III the global capital norms for banks. India is implementing the norms in a phased manner from April 1, 2013 to March 31, 2017.
Recommended For You
- Dhoni Motivates Jharkhand Teammates in Unique Style
- Baahubali 2 Motion Poster Indicates Just How Epic the Film Is Going to Be
- Premier League Champions Leicester City Sack Manager Claudio Ranieri
- Poorna Trailer: Rahul Bose Brings the Story of a Girl who Conquered Everest
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology