Domestic car sales down by 5 pc, bikes dip by 19 pc in Sept
Total sale of vehicles across categories registered a dip of 9.43 per cent to 14,18,134 units last month, as against 15,65,757 units in September 2011.
New Delhi: Domestic car sales declined by 5.36 per cent to 1,57,536 units in September 2012 compared to 1,66,464 units in September 2011. According to the data released by the Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers (SIAM), motorcycle sales last month fell by 18.85 per cent to 7,53,693 units, from 9,28,716 units in September 2011.
Total two-wheeler sales in September 2012 decreased by 12.92 per cent to 10,69,069 units from 12,27,662 in August 2011. However, total sales of commercial vehicles rose marginally to 70,683 units, from 70,658 units in the year-ago period, SIAM said.
Total sale of vehicles across categories registered a dip of 9.43 per cent to 14,18,134 units last month, as against 15,65,757 units in September 2011, it added.
Recommended For You
- Virender Sehwag Calls Steve Smith 'Tubelight' and Virat Kohli 'Holder'
- Meri Pyaari Bindu: Parineeti Chopra's Debut Song Will Leave You Mesmerised
- Ajinkya Rahane Just Walked Out & Said I Will Dominate: KL Rahul
- Magneti Marelli CEO Pietro Gorlier Talks About the Future of AMT in India
- Looking For a Solution For Everything Construction Related?