2G: Court to hear Essar, Loop promoters bail pleas
Essar and Loop promoters had moved their bail pleas after they appeared before Special CBI Judge OP Saini on March 31, 2012.
New Delhi: A Delhi court will on Saturday hear the bail applications of Essar and Loop promoters, named as accused in a case flowing out of the 2G spectrum allocation scam.
Essar group promoters Ravi and Anshuman Ruia and Loop Telecom promoters IP Khaitan and Kiran Khaitan had moved their bail pleas after they appeared before Special CBI Judge OP Saini on March 31, 2012.
The CBI has charged them with cheating and criminal conspiracy.
Ruias and Khaitans were summoned by the court on December 21, 2011 after being chargesheeted in the case by CBI.
After failing to appear in person thrice, they were directed by the court to appear in person before it with a warning that they would suffer if they do not do so.
Essar, which had denied any involvement in 2G case, has contended that the special court could not proceed against them as they had not been charged under the Prevention of Corruption Act.
The CBI had also named Loop Telecom Pvt Ltd, Loop Mobile India Ltd and Essar Tele Holding as accused and all of them have been charged with conspiracy and cheating the department of telecom (DoT) under relevant IPC sections. The CBI did not find enough evidence to prosecute them under the Prevention of Corruption Act.
- Cyrus Mistry Ouster: Reasons not Provided in Board Meeting to Avoid Public Battle
- Tata Leadership Tussle Moves from Boardroom to Courtroom
- Tata Shake-up May Distract Group from Restructuring Efforts
- Cyrus Mistry Ouster: Tatas File Caveats in SC, HC and National Company Law Tribunal
- New Zealand PM Arrives, Modi Likely to Seek Support on NSG Entry During Meet Tomorrow
- PM Modi Warns of Action Against Those Who 'Snatch' Tribal Rights
- Celebrities Send Diwali Greetings To Jawans Following PM Modi's #Sandesh2Soldiers Campaign
- Case Registered Against Man for Posting Objectionable Photo of PM Modi