Everything You Want To Know About RBI Governor Urjit Patel
File photo of Urjit Patel (Courtesy: Getty Images)
52-year-old Urjit Patel, an economist and banker is the 8th Deputy Governor to be promoted to the top post and has taken over as the 24th Governor of the Central bank for a 3 year term.
Patel acquired his BA from the London School of Economics, M. Phil from Oxford University in 1986, and Phd in Economics from Yale University in 1990.
He joined the International Monetary fund in 1990 and worked in USA, India, Bahamas and Myanmar Desks till 1995.
In the past,he has worked with the Boston Consulting Group and Reliance Industries and also with several high level committees at state and central government level.
As RBI Deputy Governor, Dr Patel looked after Monetary Policy, Economic Policy Research, Statistics Information Management and various other important tasks.
The hardcore monetary economist and a pure technocrat is also an author to technical publications, papers and comments in the areas of Indian macroeconomics, public finance, infrastructure, financial inter-mediation, international trade and the economics of climate change.
Recommended For You
- CLOSE SHAVEUmpire Paul Reiffel Retires Hurt After Being Hit by Bhuvneshwar Kumar's Throw
- VALUE FOR MONEYReliance Jio Impact: Airtel Launches Free Voice Calls And Data Packs
- Amazing VoiceThis Kolkata Security Guard's Golden Voice Is Winning Hearts On The Internet
- Amazing videoYouTube Rewind Celebrates Videos, People And Trends That Made 2016 Memorable
- Fascinating!The Circle Trailer: Emma Watson, Tom Hanks Starrer is Dark and Compelling