Facebook to replace Infy on Nasdaq 100 from Dec 12
Reacting to the development, shares of Infosys, lost 2.11 per cent and fell to an intra-day low of Rs 2,378 on the BSE.
New York: Social networking giant Facebook Inc is all set to replace Indian software major Infosys Ltd to become a part of the Nasdaq 100 index from December 12. According to Nasdaq, "Facebook Inc will become a component of the NASDAQ-100 Index, the NASDAQ-100 Equal Weighted Index, and the NASDAQ-100 Technology Sector Index prior to market open on Wednesday, December 12, 2012".
Facebook will replace Infosys Ltd on the index. The Facebook stock has lost a significant value since its much hyped public listing on May, 2012. Facebook, Inc headquartered in Menlo Park, California currently has a market capitalisation of around $29.7 billion (Rs 1,62,000 crore). However, when the company went public, its market value was about $104 billion.
Meanwhile, Bangalore headquartered Infosys Ltd has a market capitalisation of Rs 1,37,327 crore. Reacting to the development, shares of Infosys, lost 2.11 per cent and fell to an intra-day low of Rs 2,378 on the BSE. The social networking firm, which was founded eight years ago by Mark Zuckerberg with his college roommates and fellow Harvard University students, at present has around 1 billion users across the world.
Recommended For You
- Big Indian Comebacks In a Home Series In Last 20 Years
- Maruti Suzuki Baleno RS Booking Commences For Rs 11,000 Through Nexa
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: Could be Waterproof with 8 GB RAM and 256GB Storage
- #UnitedByHalf | News18 Talks to People About Gender Equality
- Watch: Anil, Arjun and Sonam Shake a Leg to My Name Is Lakhan at a Family Wedding